Having a form of disability and want to pursue postgraduate education? This disability scholarship to study at University of Ibadan (UI) may be what you need.
Applications for the 2022 scholarship for postgraduate students living with disability to study at UI are now open. This scholarship is open to students interested in Master’s degree and PhD students of the University of Ibadan.
What’s on offer?
This scholarship provide:
- waiver of tuition
- all other Postgraduate College–related fees.
- monthly stipend subject to review by the UI Postgraduate College from time to time.
How long: You can hold the scholarship for a maximum of three semesters for Master’s degree and a
period of one academic session, in the first instance, renewable for a maximum period of two academic sessions for PhD students.
However, renewal of the PhD scholarship is subject to receipt of positive evaluation reports by the Postgraduate College from your supervisor and the Head of Department, at the end of each academic year.
Which program does this scholarship cover?
This scholarship covers all postgraduate subject areas at University of Ibadan.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you should meet the following criteria:
1. have been medically certified as having a form of physical disability (visual impairment, hearing impairment, paralysis, etc.).
2. have a good honours degrees (minimum of Second Class Upper division or equivalent for Master’s degree).
For PhD, you should have a Master’s degree (minimum of 5.0 cumulative grade point average or equivalent) of
any University recognised by the Senate of the University of Ibadan, in any academic discipline.
3. have been offered admission for postgraduate studies at the University of Ibadan.
NOTE: Those who are current beneficiary of any scholarship need not apply.
How about nationality?
This scholarship is open to citizens and residents of Nigeria.
How to apply for the scholarship
You’ll need the following documents to apply:
- UI Postgraduate application form 2021/2022
- Copies of your certificates
- Research Proposal/Project Summary (please see UI website for format).
When’s the deadline?
The UI disability scholarship application closes on 18 February, 2022. If you’d like additional information, please refer to their website.
Have a question concerning this scholarship? Please leave a comment below.
Maxwell Tega has a passion for showing people hope. He has nearly a decade experience helping people make key decisions on education and career. You can find him almost everywhere on this site, from answering admission and scholarship questions to creating tutorials. Connect with me on Facebook and Twitter.