Pharmacy Technician is one of the middle-level professions in Nigeria. The course is also one of the most sought after.
To study and become a Pharmacy Technician in Nigeria, you need to attend a College/School of Health Technology. That is where the Pharmacy Technician course is offered. Learn more about studying in College/School of Health in Nigeria.
Unfortunately, not all schools or colleges are accredited to offer the course. In fact, the Pharmacist Council of Nigeria (PCN) is the body that regulates Pharmacy Technician training.
That is, they have the responsibility of accrediting schools to offer the course.
This post is about the accredited schools/colleges of health technology in Nigeria where you can study a Pharmacy Technician course. All the schools listed here are those accredited by the PCN.
List of accredited schools to study Pharmacy Technician in Nigeria
Below are the schools offering Pharmacy Technician course in Nigeria all accredited:
1. School of Hygiene, Eleyele, Ibadan, Oyo State
2. School of Health Technology, Minna, Niger State
3. College of Health Sciences and Technology, Portharcourt, Rivers State
4. School of Health Technology, Tsafe, Zamfara State
5. School of Health Technology, Offa, Kwara State
6. College of Health Technology, Yaba, Lagos State
7. Nigerian Army Medical Corps School, Ojo, Lagos State
8. School of Health Technology, Ilesa, Osun State
9. Shehu Idris College of Health Technology, Makarfi, Kaduna State
10. School of Health Technology, Kankia, Katsina State
11. School of Health Technology, Kano, Kano State
12. School of Health Technology, Jega, Kebbi State
15. College of Health Technology, Ijero-Ekiti, Ekiti State
16. College of Health Technology, Amaigbo, Imo State
17. School of Health Technology, Jahun, Jigawa State
18. College of Health Technology, Obosi, Anambra State
19. N.K.S.T College of Health Technology, Mkar, Gboko, Benue State
20. College of Health Technology, Otuogidi-Ogbia Town, Bayelsa State
21. College of Health Technology, Aba, Abia State
Those are the schools that currently offer Pharmacy Technician in Nigeria. If other schools get accreditation to run the course, they will be added to this list.
Aside Pharmacy Technician, there are other courses you can also study at College of Health. They include Nutrition and Dietetics, Medical Laboratory Technician, Optometry Technology, Dental Technology and others.
At the end of the day, the course you consider good for you and your future is the best.
Hope you liked this information?
Feel free to leave a comment below this post. I’m happy to help.
You might also be interested in:
Maxwell Tega has a passion for showing people hope. He has nearly a decade experience helping people make key decisions on education and career. You can find him almost everywhere on this site, from answering admission and scholarship questions to creating tutorials. Connect with me on Facebook and Twitter.