Application is now open for the 2022 Stanbic IBTC scholarship to study an undergraduate degree in Nigeria.
This scholarship is aimed at supporting academically talented students to achieve their academic ambitions. This award is offered to students to take undergraduate studies at Nigerian universities.
Awarded every year, the Stanbic IBTC scholarship is currently in its second year. A total of 100 scholarships are awarded to students across the 36 States of Nigeria and Abuja.
Under this arrangement, they award 2 scholarships per state. Last year, 100 students were awarded the scholarship with 2 coming from each state.
How much is this scholarship worth?
The Stanbic IBTC scholarship is worth forty million (₦40 million) to 100 students for the entire duration of their undergraduate degree.
However, the duration of the scholarship is 4 years. Therefore, you’ll only enjoy this scholarship for the first four years if your course take longer than four years.
Moreover, the scholarship amount is usually paid to you at the start of each academic year of your stay in school.
Which programs does the scholarship cover?
This scholarship is open to study any undergraduate course in a Nigerian university.
Which Nationalities are eligible?
The scholarship is open to citizens and residents of Nigeria.
Who can apply?
To become eligible for Stanbic IBTC scholarship for undergraduate study you must:
1. be resident in Nigeria.
2. have sat for the 2021 UTME.
3. have scored at least 250 in the 2021 UTME.
You should also note the following conditions in which your Stanbic IBTC scholarship may be terminated.
1. If you withdraw or transfer from your course.
2. If you are suspended or excluded from your course or the university.
3. If you are expelled from the University.
4. If you have made any misrepresentation (whether negligently or intentionally) to Stanbic IBTC. Whether when applying for the scholarship or during your time in school.
5. If you have acted fraudulently or dishonestly in connection with securing this scholarship or your admission.
How to apply for the scholarship
To help you prepare a successful application, here are the documents you need to upload as part of the application.
- WAEC, NECO or GCE Result
- UTME Result slip
- Valid ID Card
- JAMB or University Admission Letter
- Recent Passport
Please follow the procedure below to apply for the Stanbic IBTC scholarship.
1. Log on to Stanbic IBTC Scholarship Application portal
2. Click on ‘Apply Now’
3. Enter your personal information.
4. Upload your documents.
5. Click ‘submit’.
How do I know my application was successful?
You’ll immediately see a message on the screen telling you that your application was received.
When is the deadline?
The closing date to apply for Stanbic IBTC scholarship is 30 November 2021.
Hope you liked this information?
STAY UP TO DATE
Got any question about this scholarship? Please leave a comment below.
Maxwell Tega has a passion for showing people hope. He has nearly a decade experience helping people make key decisions on education and career. You can find him almost everywhere on this site, from answering admission and scholarship questions to creating tutorials. Connect with me on Facebook and Twitter.