The Hubert Humphrey fellowship program is one of the most prestigious awards for scholars to take in USA.
The fellowship is a non-degree program. As a participant, you may complete academic coursework at your host university to update your academic and professional knowledge in your field, but you do not receive an academic degree as a result of their participation in the fellowship.
These fellowships are highly competitive and aware available each year to eligible candidates. Nomination for these awards is completed by October 1st.
Fellowships are announced in March the following year and Humphrey Fellows start their program in the U.S. between April and September of the same year, depending on the amount of English language training required.
The fellowship program ends the following June. Fellows with inadequate TOEFL scores may be required to attend intensive English language training before the start of their Fellowship.
How much is this fellowship worth?
Hubert Humphrey fellowship provides for the following costs:
- Payment of tuition and fees at the assigned host university
- Pre-academic English language training, if required
- A maintenance (living) allowance, including a one-time settling-in allowance
- Accident and sickness coverage
- A book allowance
- A one-time computer subsidy
- Air travel (international travel to and from the U.S. for the Program and domestic travel to required program events)
- A Professional Development allowance for professional activities, such as field trips, professional visits and conferences.
Which nationalities are eligible?
Hubert Humphrey fellowship is open to citizens of any country.
Who can apply?
To be eligible for Hubert Humphrey fellowship program, you must meet the following criteria:
1. Have an undergraduate (first university or Bachelor’s) degree.
2. Have a minimum of five years of full-time, professional experience.
3. Have limited or no prior experience in the United States.
4. Have demonstrated leadership qualities.
5. Have a record of public service in the community.
6. Have English language ability.
How do I apply for the fellowship?
To apply for Hubert Humphrey fellowship, please go to the application page to find the application link for your country.
When is the deadline?
The closing date to apply for this fellowship vary by country. Please refer to their website for more information.
STAY UP TO DATE
Get the latest scholarship updates and announcements by leaving your email.
Postgraduate fellowship 2021:
Maxwell Tega has a passion for showing people hope. He has nearly a decade experience helping people make key decisions on education and career. You can find him almost everywhere on this site, from answering admission and scholarship questions to creating tutorials. Connect with me on Facebook and Twitter.